Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Has it been that long?


I guess it has, and I've had so many requests for updates I guess it is time. I haven't re-read any of my previous posts, so forgive me if I repeat, but here goes. Things are better. Not great, or even good most times, but better. Maybe it's just us both tolerating things a bit more? Either way, I'm feeling better about things personally. I'm not so hopeless, and I'm starting to get excited and nervous about the new baby. Cameron has named him/her (most likely him) River. We have a short list of names, and that is on there, but we have nothing set in stone, we'll be waiting till after the babe is born I guess. My official due date is just 11 days away now, and it kind of freaks me out. I know huge changes are coming, and most of us here in the house don't deal too well with change. Even me, and I'm the most level-headed one, which is also scary. Cameron is fully potty trained now and mostly sleeping through the night, so that's a relief. He's cute as can be and good thing too, cause he sure can be a PITA! Brandin is still struggling with school, and 12 year old boy apathy, but I *think* he's coming around. Ash has been dealing with cheerleader drama, but handling it remarkably well, I'm extremely impressed. She even recently broke up with a guy when one of her friends informed her that he smokes weed with her brother. She also just made honor roll, with all A's & B's. I couldn't ask for more really. At 14, I was a mess, and expected to deal with the same in my own daughter, but I must have done something right! Ed has had some sleep issues, sleep walking type stuff, which is odd. We'll be keeping an eye on that. We're still looking at Utah come June, but most of us are trying not to think about that. Relationship wise we're hanging in, struggling for some time to spend alone (ie: without Cameron) while we're not dog tired. It happens on rare occasion, but we know even that time is fleeting, our days are numbered till "labor day". It's about breakfast time, I'll attempt to add a 38 week pregnant pic now.

3 comments:

Baroness of Blah said...

Thank you for the update! Why can't you come to Mississippi? I'm sure it sucks just as bad as Utah. :P

Glad to hear things are going well. You have a right to be happy, but I think you have a right to fight for your marriage, too! I wish you the best. I can't wait to hear about the baby.

Baroness of Blah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mama said...

I hope you're holding your sweet little baby in your arms by now. River is such a beautiful name! I'm glad that things aren't worse for you, sometimes that the most we can hope for and when it happens it is a good thing. Hugs to you...