Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Frustration
Just a quick one this morning to get this out of my head, hopefully. So I have an ultrasound at 11 this morning. It's on the calendar on the fridge. I've had the appt for almost a month. After asking me half a dozen times when the appt was, and acting as usual that it's such a huge bother for him to take off work because he's oh so busy and apparently I'm such a damn inconvenience, on the way out the door he mentions to me that he'll meet me there. WTF? Why not just stop by & drive with us? Because some Marine was in an accident a few weeks ago (he's fine now, just recovering) and instead of spending one more minute with me than absolutely necessary, he's going to go check in on the guy after my appt. What a sweetheart! If only he was as concerned about his own family. Yes, I'm carrying your flesh and blood, and I'd like to be asked how I'm feeling on occasion. Too much to ask? You know, this is the third ultrasound and they're trying to be sure this babe's kidney isn't messed up like Cameron's. I'm scared. I talked about that fact with him before my first ultrasound. Guess what he did? Rolled his eyes and told me I was stupid for worrying. That it does no good since we don't even know if anything is wrong. No shit, but this baby is growing inside my belly and I'm scared, damnit! Gawd it would be nice to be able to share myself with my partner & just get a hug if nothing else. Why does he have to be such an unfeeling jerk? He KNOWS it hurts me like hell to be treated this way, but he also knows there's nothing I can do about it for now, so he just keeps on knocking me down every chance he gets. You know, not once has he even held my hand during an ultrasound, asked to look at the pictures or take them to work like most proud dads would. Nope, he doesn't even mention the baby, like ever. I'm so sick of feeling so lonely and helpless in this, I want to be proactive, DO something- but what? I really want to just up & leave, so I don't have to feel his coldness everyday, but logistically I can't. I *could* go "home" to my parent's, but my mom would drive me nuts. It costs too much here to get an apt on my own, and he's the only one with income. I've already paid the midwife in full for the home birth, too. I'd write a letter or something, but we've already established he doesn't care how I feel. Suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm reading this late, obviously, and I'm sorry you are unhappy. What happens when you hug him or take his hand? Maybe you can teach him to be more affectionate? I wish I were there to give you a hug.
Post a Comment